OIL AND GAS
We advise on the complex legal and regulatory issues associated with upstream, midstream and downstream developments in Cyprus. Our legal services for the Oil and Gas industry have been specifically formulated to address the growing requirements of multinational companies for clear and practical legal advice on the various aspects of Cyprus law, EU law and international law with respect to the exploration, exploitation and distribution of natural gas.
Since the early days of announcements relating to the discovery of major hydrocarbons reserves offshore Cyprus, we have prepared our energy practice to deal with the legal challenges entailed in the Oil and Gas industry. This structuring of our law practice in this area has enabled us to become the Cyprus lawyers of choice for a number of key players in the industry, while our established expertise and committment to legal clarity on Cyprus Oil and Gas law have led our practice to wide recognition and top tier rankings in global legal forums.
The Firm attaches particular emphasis on its advisory services with respect to contractual and other legal aspects of the Oil and Gas industry from a Cyprus perspective, including production sharing contracts (PSC), concession joint venture agreements (JVA), joint operating agreements (JOA), asset sale and purchase, financings, farm-ins, farm-outs, unitisations, drilling and development contracts and short and long term gas, LNG, LPG and crude sales contracts. Furthermore, we have developed particular know-how on pipelines, gas and oil product allocation, storage and shipping, while we also address the legal aspects of acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and asset swaps of the downstream operations of international oil and gas companies and national oil and gas companies.
Indicatively, particular areas in which we provide our legal services include:
- Oil and Gas exploration and exploitation, licensing and regulation
- Oil and Gas commercial legal advice and counsel
- Oil and Gas commercial transactions drafting and advisory
- Corporate energy matters, such as corporate structuring, taxation and governance
- Energy M&As, shareholders relationships and corporate transactions
- Energy dispute resolution and litigation
- Competition issues in energy markets, abuse of dominance
- Public Procurement legal issues
- Legal advice and counsel on oil and gas exploration and explotaition support services.
Contact us to discuss your oil and gas law reqirements at email@example.com.