Oil and Gas
We advise on the complex legal and regulatory issues associated with upstream, midstream and downstream developments in Cyprus. Our legal services for the Oil and Gas industry have been specifically formulated to address the growing requirements of multinational companies for clear and practical legal advice on the various aspects of Cyprus law, EU law and international law with respect to the exploration, exploitation and distribution of natural gas. Since the early announcements relating to the discovery of major hydrocarbons reserves offshore Cyprus, we have prepared our energy practice to deal with the legal challenges entailed in the Oil and Gas industry. This structuring of our oil & gas practice in this area has enabled us to become the Cyprus lawyers of choice for a number of key players in the industry, while our established expertise and commitment to legal clarity have led our practice to wide recognition and top tier rankings in global legal forums on Oil & Gas legal advisory and counsel.
Our Firm attaches particular emphasis on its advisory services with respect to contractual and other legal aspects of the Oil and Gas industry from a Cyprus perspective, including production sharing contracts (PSC), concession joint venture agreements (JVA), joint operating agreements (JOA), asset sale and purchase, financings, farm-ins, farm-outs, unitisations, drilling and development contracts and short and long term gas, LNG, LPG and crude sales contracts. Furthermore, we have developed particular know-how on pipelines, gas and oil product allocation, storage and shipping, while we also address the legal aspects of acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and asset swaps of the downstream operations of international oil and gas companies and national oil and gas companies.
Indicatively, particular areas in which we provide our legal services include:
- Hydrocarbons exploration and exploitation, licensing and regulatory issues
- Oil and Gas commercial transactions
- Joint Operating Agreements
- International Drilling and Service Contracts
- Seismic Contracts, Well Data Use and Exchange Agreements
- Natural Gas Sales Agreements
- Natural Gas Pipeline Transportation
- LNG Project Development
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Investment protection advice, counsel and dispute resolution
- Corporate energy matters, such as corporate structuring, taxation and governance
- Energy M&As, shareholders relationships and corporate transactions
- Energy dispute resolution and litigation
- Competition issues in energy markets, abuse of dominance
- State Immunity issues
- Boundary Disputes
Contact us to discuss your oil and gas law reqirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.